Restringing my Double Wire Harp part III

Restringing my Double Wire Harp part III Bringing up to pitch & tuning

If you’ve been following along, you’ve been reading about my wire harp restringing project over the past two months. It’s gone quite well, with all the bronze monofilaments replaced with copper phosphor bronze wires. Some of the strings original to the harp broke at the tuning pins as I carefully removed and I noted these […]

Restringing my Double Wire Harp, part II

Restringing my Double Wire Harp, part II half done...

My last batch of replacement wires have arrived for my harp and I’ve learned from my string maker Laurie at Markwood Strings (highly recommended by the way!!) that the old strings which were breaking so much are bronze only. My new ones are copper phosphor bronze alloy and Laurie very kindly provides them with the […]

Restringing my double wire harp

Restringing my double wire harp A followup to my Frequently Breaking Strings post

I’ve started the long, slow, tedious process of changing all the strings on my double-strung wire harp. If you haven’t read my earlier post on my difficulties with its strings, please feel free to read here. I made a list of all the strings that needed replacing, that is, the ones that are original to […]

Forest Harp

Frequently Breaking Harp Strings Restringing my harp...

At the moment my now-primary church harp is Esabelle, my cross-strung wire harp. Here she is: She’ll need to be my prelude/postlude/Communion/hymn accompaniment harp for the foreseeable future, because: 1. She’s lightweight 2. She can be quickly carried in a nice green weatherproof bag for those torrential rainy Vermont mornings (see #1) 3. In the […]